Friday, November 10, 2006

Foreman material

I've been remiss in failing to note the death of WA sports compere extraordiaire, Wally Foreman - who was buried yesterday.

When I first arrived in WA, I thought he was just another one of those shiny-arsed sticklers whose prominence owed more to bedding Ben Cousins or Brian Burke than to any innate talent.

However, a couple of months back, I had cause to speak to Wal'. Although not knowing ol' SuperFreo! from Adam Goodes, the bloke spent 25 minutes helping me out with a piece of Olympic trivia - and he was at work at the time.

Now that's a regula fella.

I'll miss your broadcasts, Wal.

2 Comments:

At 1:49 pm, Blogger hazelblackberry said...

When you first arrived in WA? But, Superfreo, I thought you were born & bred here.

 
At 9:45 pm, Blogger Grump Les Tiltskin said...

Yes, first arrived kicking and screaming out of my mother's placenta, at the maternity ward of Princess Margaret, if you must know;-}

 

Post a Comment

<< Home